The Council of Australian Tour Operators (CATO) have today announced their full program of speakers for the forthcoming Crisis, Risk and Resilience Conference. This will be held in Sydney at Novotel Sydney Central on Monday 15th May 2023.
A full program of speakers has been carefully curated, to bring diversity across various sectors of the industry, relevant to key scenarios of crisis and risk. These speakers include:
- Chad Carey, Managing Director, Chimu Adventures who will share a moving review of crisis in action, and how travel businesses must be prepared for the unexpected.
- Aaron Zoanetti, Partner & Travel Law Specialist, Pointon Partners and CATO Board Director, who will cover the critically important topic of Legal Essentials – Agent or Principal.
- Brad Kelly, Director, Gow Gates Insurance, will look at the reality of travel risk, the value of assessing and understanding your vulnerability and risk aversion.
- Greg Hay, General Manager Operations – Sydney Airport will share an inside view on Airport Operations and Disaster Preparation at our primary gateway to the world.
- Nik Devidas, Managing Director, Rock IT will cover the important topic of Cyber Security whilst providing real examples of mistakes organisations make and how to avoid them.
- Allisa O’Connell, Head of People & Culture, Flight Centre Travel Group will cover Crisis Leadership, and how the impact of a crisis can be minimised by well-prepared teams, and effective decision-making.
- Roslyn Ranse, Founder of Travel Agent Achievers will moderate a panel of experts from across different sectors, who will share their view on changing landscapes, and what the future may hold for each of their specialties. These include:
- Adventure: Lisa Pagotto - Founder, Crooked Compass
- Student: Jamie Wansey - Managing Director, Student Horizons
- Touring: Aleisha Fittler - Executive General Manager, Scenic
- FIT: Brad McDonnell – Managing Director, Entire Travel Group
- Youth: Sean Martin – Managing Director, G Adventures
Appointed as Master of Ceremonies for the conference is Mark Carter - International Speaker, Trainer, Author and Coach. Mark has over 25 years’ experience as a global learning and development professional and his TEDx talk was the movie trailer for his latest book, ‘Add Value’, published globally by Wiley.
The event will conclude with a Q&A with Mark Carter and CATO Chair Dennis Bunnik, prior to networking.
“We are delighted to confirm Smartraveller and Ebury Partners as our key sponsors of the Crisis, Risk and Resilience Conference, and thank them for their support. I would also like to acknowledge all speakers who have committed to this important event for our industry, and looking forward to the learnings we will all share”. said Brett Jardine, CATO Managing Director.
Tickets to the CATO Crisis, Risk & Resilience Conference are selling quickly. Register here