The Council of Australian Tour Operators (CATO), in anticipation of its Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2023, has disclosed the names of the esteemed candidates for the upcoming Board election.
Dennis Bunnik, Joint CEO of Bunnik Tours, has been unanimously re-elected as the Chair of CATO for an additional two-year term, serving CATO with a decade of commendable leadership through to the 2025 AGM.
In addition to Bunnik’s re-election, CATO proudly presents six exceptional nominees contending for four available board positions. This includes the following incumbent board members vying for re-election:
- Julie King - Founder & CEO, Julie King & Associates and Founder of Bonailie
- James O’Donnell - Finance Director, The Travel Corporation Australia (TTC)
In addition, CATO is pleased to announce the participation of new candidates who have entered the fray for this year's election:
- Chad Carey - Managing Director, Chimu Adventures
- Martin Edwards - Co-Founder & Chief Exploration Officer, The Explorer Society
- Yvette Thompson - General Manager - Sales & Partnerships ANZ, Intrepid Travel Group
- Ingrid Berthelsen - Joint CEO, Evolution Travel Collective
Brett Mitchell, Managing Director – Intrepid Travel ANZ, will not be re-standing following a six-year term on the Board.
The final results will be announced at the AGM following the closure of member voting on Friday, prior to the event.
"We are truly delighted to witness such a strong interest from our membership to participate in the CATO Board, a testament to the Board's outstanding credibility and accomplishments. On this occasion, I would like to acknowledge Dennis Bunnik for his ongoing commitment and also extend our gratitude to Brett Mitchell for his invaluable contribution during his six-year tenure on the CATO Board," advised Brett Jardine, CATO Managing Director