- The inaugural CATO Awards were delivered within the NTIA program in 2019.
- The 2020 CATO Awards will be presented across 14 categories, up from four in 2019.
The Council of Australian Tour Operators (CATO) has announced that the 2020 CATO Awards will be proudly delivered as a stand-alone event. The awards ceremony will take place at a lavish cocktail function in Sydney on the evening of Friday 23rd October.
Image: Brett Jardine, Managing Director of CATO presenting the CATO Awards stream at the 2019 National Travel Industry Awards.
The CATO Awards are an opportunity for Australia’s Land Supply sector to recognise the valued support it receives from travel agents and the retail travel trade.
The inaugural CATO Awards were presented within the Australian Federation of Travel Agents' (AFTA) National Travel Industry Awards (NTIA) program in 2019.
CATO Managing Director, Brett Jardine, said, “This is not just another awards event! This is an opportunity for our members from the land-supply sector to come together under the CATO banner to recognise excellence in the retail travel sector.”
Image: Brett Jardine (right) with the inaugural CATO Award recipients in 2019.
In 2020, CATO Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Agency of the Year - Europe
- Agency of the Year - Americas
- Agency of the Year - Asia
- Agency of the Year - Africa/Middle East
- Agency of the Year - Oceania
- Consultant of the Year - Group Touring
- Consultant of the Year - Adventure
- Consultant of the Year - Youth Travel
- Consultant of the Year - Ski
- Consultant of the Year - F.I.T
- Rookie of the Year
- Trade Media Award
- Consumer Media Award
- CATO Ambassador Award
“Following the tremendous support and opportunity provided by AFTA in 2019, the CATO’s will be a showcase event on the 2020 travel industry calendar incorporating up to fourteen award categories that specifically recognise agencies and consultants that are stand-out performers across a number of specialty areas,” added Jardine.
Details confirming the venue and awards criteria will be announced to the trade in early 2020.